1. What’s the last book you read? What did you think of it?
2. What’s the worst book you’ve ever read, and why?
3. A book you found overhyped, and why
4. Ereaders versus physical books is such a false dichotomy. Instead, tell me what other formats (phone apps, tumblr fiction, twitter haikus) you read in
5. Which genre(s) don’t you read? Why not?
6. If you read in more than one language, is there a difference between the experience of reading in your native language(s) and reading in other languages?
7. If you’re not a native English speaker, how much do you read in your native language versus how much you read in English? How do you feel about that? // If you’re a native English speaker, go find a book in your second/third/etc language, or in translation, to add to your to-read list
8. The book you read when you’re stuck in bed sick
9. Fiction or non-fiction or both? In what ratio? Where do you draw the line between the two?
10. The book(s) you bought because the cover was pretty, and whether it was worth it
11. The worst book hangover you’ve ever had
12. Do you have to finish one book before you start the next one, or do you read multiple books at the same time?
13. The fictional character you want to believe you resemble and the fictional character you actually resemble
14. The book that, in hindsight, really should have clued you in to the fact that you’re _________ (queer/in love/doomed to be an academic/etc)
15. The book that you reread over and over again and get new things from every time
16. The book that you don’t dare reread for fear it won’t be the same any more
17. Preferred bookshelf organisation scheme
18. Do you theme your monthly/yearly/etc reading (eg Year of Reading Women)?
19. That book with a twist that felt like a blow to the chest. Tell me about it. (But warn for spoilers if necessary!)
20. The coolest bookshop you’ve ever been to
21. The book you gave up on, and the reasons why
22. The book you finished even though you hated it, and the reasons why
23. The book you expected to hate, didn’t, and then got angry about not hating
24. The book that you got into because of the movie/TV series/etc, and the relative merits of each version
25. The only book care question that actually means anything: do you write in your books? If so, in pen or in pencil?
26. Do you read reviews of books? Before or after you read the books themselves? Why? Why not?
27. The book you’re embarrassed to admit you’ve read
28. The one where the fanfic was better than the original (and the relevant AO3 links, pls)
29. Your vacation reading habits
30. The book you read the blurb of, constructed a version of in your mind, and were promptly disappointed by once you finally got around to actually reading it
31. Bonus question: rec me something!